Hi Everybody! You’ve heard it from real estate agents before. “The Winter season is slow.” Or, “No one is really buying or selling.” And even, “I’ll get started in the New Year, it’s a new start right?”
Well... The truth is, it’s better to be ahead than behind. Do you want to have income in January? The winter months are the perfect opportunity for you to list your home and sell it with less competition.
Here's a list of the top 10 reasons why you should sell during the holiday season:
10. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to beat out competition in the Springwhen there are traditionally more houses on the market which could ultimately drive prices down. This could mean you sell high and buy low.
9. You can sell now for more money and ask for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
8. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays.
7. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers cannot wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture the market.
6. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
5. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a work week.
4. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
3. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
2. When supply goes down it means there is a greater opportunity to attract motivated buyers AND a better sales price for you. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you.
And the number one reason why your seller should list during the Holidays …
1. People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
I'd love to invite you to my Hopeful Home Buyer's Tour! I teach my Buyer's TO DO List to first time home buyers so that they know the basics of the purchase process and what to expect upfront, before they start their search. Everything is explained in layman's terms and you can ask me anything you've ever wanted to know about buying your first home!
Also, my team of loan officers (see below) will be present to establish a game plan for the financing (the foundation for the transaction).
After we review the list, we serve a yummy lunch and then we'll actually go see 3 homes in Leimert Park--not for the purpose of actually buying, but for first timers to build hope and vision for the purchasing process. This event is totally FREE!!! Next month it we will charge $10.
Please reach out to me if you or someone you know would like to attend my Hopeful Home Buyer's Tour:
Date: Saturday, September 27th
Time: 12noon to 2pm
Location: My Home in Leimert Park (Address provided when you RSVP)
Don't you want to know what to expect during the purchase process BEFORE you go shopping for a home?
After you get your pre-approval, my BUYER'S TO DO LIST will help you feel confident about your journey to homeownership with this amazing 12 Step Plan. I meet with hopefuls in my office to review the process--it takes about 38 minutes to cover everything. I provide cold drinks and yummy snacks while you're learning the essentials. I have helped many people get clarity and buy their first home using this systematic approach...for example, take a look:
Jodi and Jeff took my list and made a bigger version, taped it to the wall in their apartment so they are reminded every day about what comes next. I was really impressed with them!! Love it!!!
This lovely couple posted their list on the fridge during their purchase. Every time I checked in with them on the phone we would review the next 3 steps until we got to the end and I gave them their keys!!
Kat and Anders liked the list too! They always had great questions and called ME first when they started feeling anxious--then I would talk them "off the ledge"...HA!! They too made it to the finish line!
Let's face it, buying a house is NOT easy, but with good guidance and a great plan it is always possible!
Call today to schedule a one on one consultation:
323-559-9081 or email me at email@example.com