Welcome FRIENDS!! Here's my Straight Forward Perspective on REAL ESTATE and LIFE in Leimert Park...Read and Enjoy!
Thursday, October 23, 2014
11 Reasons YOU SHOULD SELL During the Holiday Season...
Hi Everybody! You’ve heard it from real estate agents before. “The Winter season is slow.” Or, “No one is really buying or selling.” And even, “I’ll get started in the New Year, it’s a new start right?”
Well... The truth is, it’s better to be ahead than behind. Do you want to have income in January? The winter months are the perfect opportunity for you to list your home and sell it with less competition.
Here's a list of the top 10 reasons why you should sell during the holiday season:
10. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to beat out competition in the Springwhen there are traditionally more houses on the market which could ultimately drive prices down. This could mean you sell high and buy low.
9. You can sell now for more money and ask for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
8. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays.
7. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers cannot wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture the market.
6. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
5. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a work week.
4. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
3. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
2. When supply goes down it means there is a greater opportunity to attract motivated buyers AND a better sales price for you. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you.
And the number one reason why your seller should list during the Holidays …
1. People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!